Sunday, June 26, 2011

Super Simple Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe

Here is my version of homemade chicken noodle soup, both my hubby and daughter were sick last week so instead of grilling on Wednesday I made a pot of this. It makes a good sized batch, enough for our family of three to have leftovers and freeze some for a future meal. I love the way our house smells when making this soup too! This recipe is always a huge hit with the toddler, she gobbles it up and asks for more.

Ingredients
32oz Container Low Sodium Chicken Broth
6 Cups Water
1 Can of Chicken (I use Kirkland, Costo's brand)
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
3-4 Carrots peeled and sliced
3-4 Celery stalks sliced
2 Cups Pasta (I just use whatever I have opened or on hand)
Handful Minced Parsley
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Heat up Olive Oil in a large pot
Add chopped vegetables, cook until soft stirring frequently
Add water and broth and bring to a boil
Throw in the pasta following the cook time from the package
While pasta is cooking drain water from canned chicken and cut up larger pieces with a fork
Add chicken, salt, pepper, and parsley to soup once the noodles are done and let simmer for a few minutes

Honestly you can't mess this recipe up, plus its super easy to customize to your own preferences. If you prefer ground turkey or beef just precook the meat and substitute it for the chicken. If you like a chunkier soup add more vegetables. I usually just throw in dried parsley from our spices but fresh would be great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment