Monday, March 7, 2011

Albertsons, Safeway, & Target Shopping Trips

My wonderful hubby watched Brooklynn for an hour yesterday evening so I could run around to several stores and snag all these good deals that keep popping up. First was Albertsons to use those Twice the Value coupons in Sundays paper, next was Safeway which included filling up my tank with the $0.10 gas discount we'd earned, and finally Target! 

In each store I knew exactly what I was buying and all my coupons were organized so getting in and out quickly wasn't a problem. An added bonus to shopping this way is that I'm less likely to make any impulse buys. Like that organic white cheddar rosemary popcorn at Target that I just LOVE!
Albertsons:

Transaction #1
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast $1.88/pd $3.76
1 can pineapple $1.69

2 YoBaby/Toddler Organic Yogurt 4 Packs $2.69 each
Used 2 Twice the Value coupons
$1.69 each

1 Muir Glen Organic Tomato Paste $2.19
Used 1 Twice the Value coupon
$0.69
Paid: $9.52

Transaction #2
3 Ronzoni Garden Delight Pasta Sale $2.19 each
Used 3 $1/1 coupons from 1/23 Smart Source
Used 3 Twice the Value coupons
Paid $0.57

Safeway:

8 Boxes Simply Fruit Rollups $0.99 each when you buy 4
Used 2 $0.50/2 General Mills Fruit Snacks from 3/6 Smart Source
Used 4 $0.50 Safeway Doubles
Paid $1.99 received $3 Catalina coupon
My cashier took notes on how I did this transaction so that she could do the same scenario :)
Target:

White Cotton Infant Tights $2.99 (not pictured) 
2 Clearance Storage Boxes 50% off $2.49 each
2 Clearance Giftbags and Ribbon $0.68, $0.68, & $0.34

2 Excedrin Extra Strength Express Gels 20 Ct. $3.59 each
Used 2 $3/1 Excedrin Printable Target Coupons here
Plus used 2 $0.75/1 Excedrin Coupons from the 2/27 Smart Source
Free plus $0.32 Overage

1 Rimmel Extra Super Lash Mascara $2.39
Used $2/1 Target Mobile Coupons
Free plus $1.61 Overage

Paid $7.74
On a side note the cashier should not have given me an overage for the mascara or excedrin but he did not bother adjusting the coupons down to the sale price of any of the items.

No comments:

Post a Comment