Friday, July 8, 2011

Summer To Do's: Strawberry Banana Yogurt Pops

Yippee, today I'm checking off an item from our summer to do list, "Make Homemade Popsicles".

The Fill and Freeze Puree Pops I ordered from Amazon arrived this week and right off the bat I was really impressed with the quality of this set. I also couldn't resist these Blue Rocket Ice Pop Molds. They remind me of the red white and blue rocket pops I loved as a kid. For anyone considering buying these both sets are BPA free.

I followed this recipe by Jamie Oliver using strawberries I'd frozen from my parents garden.

What you'll need:
2 Cups Plain or Vanilla Yogurt (Mine is expired yogurt that needed a purpose)
1 - 1.5 Cups of Frozen Berries
2 Small Bananas
2 TB Honey or Agave Syrup
Popsicle Molds or Dixie Cups and Popsicle Sticks for freezing

Break up or slice the bananas and place them in a food processor or blender with the berries























Add 2 Cups of yogurt followed by the agave syrup, I just drizzled some right over the top.






















Puree or blend on a low setting until smooth.























Fill your molds or dixie cups leaving about a half inch of space at the top, the liquid will expand once frozen.
Keep in mind this recipe made enough liquid to fill both sets of molds I had plus an entire mug with the remaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment