Monday, April 11, 2011

Recipe: Quick No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

I wanted to share a super fast and easy no bake cookie recipe that has been around forever I recently rediscovered in my quest for fast and easy kitchen recipes. I believe this recipe is similar to Haystack cookies which I remember my mom making as a kid. What I love most about this cookie recipe is that it uses ingredients I always have on hand, oh and there are no baking sheets to wash :).

1 Stick Butter (1/2 Cup)
1 2/3 Cups Sugar
1/2 Milk
4 TB Cocoa Powder
1/2 Cup Natural Peanut Butter (any peanut butter works fine)
3 - 3 1/2 Cups Quick Cooking Oats
2 tsp Vanilla
Wax Paper

Add the first 4 ingredients to a medium size pot
Bring to a boil for 1 minute
Stir in the next 3 ingredients
Drop cookie size spoonfuls onto wax paper
Let cool until set up
Enjoy with a cold glass of milk!

Note: I only had 2 Cups of Quick Cooking Oats on hand so I substituted by adding three packets of Quaker Hazelnut Latte Oatmeal packets which added just a hint of espresso flavor. So Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment