Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Top 10 Drugstore Beauty Must Haves!

After sharing coupon match-ups from an MSN article called Top 10 Drugstore Beauty Products I thought it would be fun to share my own top 10 must haves list. 
Once again coupon match-ups are included for anyone who might be looking to try something new. 
I really can't stand paying full price for anything from the drugstore, big surprise right. To avoid this my strategy is to watch sales and coupon match-ups and always have a backup item on hand. Even if its not my product of choice I at least have something to use until I find a great deal on my preferred items. 
Its also a good idea to sign up for newsletters and facebook pages for your preferred brands so you know when promotions and coupons are available. Here's my Top 10 Drugstore Beauty Must Haves in no particular order!
1. Burt's Bees Radiance Body Lotion: This lotion has a slight shimmer to it. It's just enough to see it outside in the sun without being glitzy. 

2. eos Lip Balm in Summer Fruit: This shea butter lip balm is just divine. I love that its made with organic ingredients and my daughter likes to play with it because its shaped like a ball. If you'd like to try this product email the company and ask them to snail mail you a coupon. 

3. TRESemme Heat Tamer Spray: This vitamin enriched heat protectant is applied before straightening or blow drying. I like it because you can apply it to either wet or dry hair. The smell reminds me of a salon too!

4. St. Ives Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Wash: My husband and I both really love this body wash, its super moisturizing, smells delicious, plus its paraben and phtalate free! This is our staple and I couldn't find any coupons for it right now but there usually are so you might wait for one. 

5. Nicole by OPI Nail Polish: Its free of formaldehyde, toluene and DBP! The cheapest I have found this is Walmart but Target also carries it. The picture above is their new Metallics line! I saw a coupon for this just once last year, I'll make sure to post if I see it again. 
6. Crest 3D Vivid White Toothpaste: This toothpaste really does whiten teeth! We drink lots of tea in our house and alternate this toothpaste with the stash of free Colgate we have. 
$1/1 Crest Toothpaste 2/27 P&G Insert

7. Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara: Lately I've been using the free sample mascara from Sephora but when I do end up paying for mascara this is it. This also made the MSN best drugstore beauty list. 
$1/1 Covergirl Cosmetic Item 2/27 P&G Insert
$1/1 Covergirl Cosmetic Item 3/13 Red Plum and 3/13 Smart Source
$1/1 Covergirl Cosmetic Item P&G Everyday Savings Book requested from facebook

8. NYC Cosmetics Blushable Crème StickIf your as pale as I am blush is a must year round. I love this product because its quick and easy to apply, no brush needed. Rite Aid often has NYC Cosmetics Buy 1 Get 1 Free so watch for those. 
$1/1 NYC Cosmetic Coupon Feb. 2011 All You Magazine


9. Nexxus Therappe Moisturing Shampoo & Nexxus Humectress Moisturizing Conditioner: Another great salon smelling product! I stocked up at Rite Aid last year! 
$3/1 Nexxus Free Sample Mailer Expires 3/30/11
10. Palmers Organics Cocoa Butter for Stretch Marks: With babies come stretch marks, this stuff lightened mine and it smells fantastic! Babies R Us is where I buy it with the 20% off coupons they frequently have. 
$1/1 Palmers Coupon in several March 2011 Magazines including Better Homes, Redbook, Family Circle, Womens Day, Good House Keeping, and County Living, Expires 8/31/2011  

If you know of coupon sources for any of these products please leave them in the comments so I can update this list!

No comments:

Post a Comment