Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Easter Fun: Toddler Easter Egg Filler Ideas

Every Easter Sunday I can remember as a child my sister and I were awoken before dawn to attend an annual sunrise service. And to entice us out of our beds that early my mom had Easter baskets awaiting which we eagerly looked forward to each year. After the Sunrise service we'd head to our church for a pancake breakfast followed by impromptu sibling and cousin photo sessions, morning service, and then lunch at our grandparents house.

I hope Easter is just as memorable for Brooklynn as it was for me so this year we'll be starting our own Easter traditions including an Easter Egg Hunt. We'll be hiding a few colored hard boiled eggs and also a few filled ones. I've gathered some egg filler ideas for toddlers since most traditional fillers like jelly beans and other candy can be a choking hazard. Also use what you have on hand, check your stockpiles and holiday stashes.

Easter Egg Filler Ideas for Toddlers
Alphabet Magnets
Animal Crackers
Banana Chips
Chocolate Teddy Grahams
Colorful Cereal (Apple Jacks, Trix, ect)
Dried Fruit (Cherries, Blueberries, ect)
Goldfish Crackers or Grahams
Hair Barrettes or Bows
Make your own Trail Mix
Mini M & M's
Play Jewelry
Small Bath Toys
Stickers
Toy Cars
AND here are some ideas I found at Target:
Mini Reese's $0.66/bag after coupon stack
5 Pack Small Squishy Balls, $1 Spot
3 Pack Clearance Bubbles $0.68 (these might be too big for the eggs we have but for $0.68 we'll use them)

Please feel free to leave other ideas you have in the comments, I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment